- you have a problem you want to work on but no time and place to do it
- you need to reflect on an experience you’ve just gone through
- you need time alone to make a difficult decision
- you’re seeking silence and solitude in nature to refresh yourself
- you’re feeling an urge to connect with something larger than yourself and you don’t know how to do that
- part of your life is out of control and you want to get some distance from it to sort it out
- you want to get your spiritual life back on track but don’t have the ability to makes the necessary changes
- you’ve learned spiritual disciplines but need help making these practices into habits
- you want to meet and talk with others who are serious about their spiritual life
If any of these situations sound familiar, usa you’re not alone. We all need time away from the business and busyness of our lives to reflect on who we are and where we’re going, what has meaning for us and why we’re here in this world. These are fundamental human questions and we’re wired to both ask and seek answers to them. It’s important to regularly create the time and space in our lives to let go of everything and think about our spiritual lives. It’s important to connect with God, through time in nature, meditation, contemplation or by engaging in a spiritual discipline. (More on spiritual disciplines in the section on Retreat Formats). But you don’t always have a place to go to that’s peaceful and beautiful and quiet, where you can think or read or talk with someone about these issues. That’s why people go on a retreat. Sometimes they go to be alone and sometimes they go to be with other people who want to learn ways to deepen their spirituality. We offer retreats that meet these varied needs.
The Tigg’s Pond Retreat Center can help you find the support or experience you need to deepen your spiritual life through retreat or study. Take a look at the section on Retreat Formats to see the kind of structured and unstructured retreats we offer and what we present in our teaching material and then call us or e mail us to talk about the retreat that suits you and the time you would like to come.
You don’t have to be a “religious” person to go on a retreat. Our retreats are open to anyone with a curiosity or interest in their interior life – regardless of church affiliations or no affiliations at all. We appreciate doubt and encourage questions. We believe in God and this will come through in our teachings. But we don’t push any beliefs on you. These retreats aren’t about us. They are about you and what you will experience in your silence. We give you some tools (we even give instructional retreats you might want to take), we provide a location that enhances peace and contemplation and we step out of the way as much as possible so you and God can continue your spiritual work together. And we’re here if you need a little guidance from time to time along your journey.
You may have a reason to come here that we haven’t even thought of yet. Whatever it is, you can find the time and space away from distractions that you’re looking for right here, on 54 acres of pristine wilderness and cultivated beauty…fifteen minutes from downtown Hendersonville, a little over half an hour from Greenville SC or Asheville NC and a world away from your day to day life.